PASTOR’S NEW YEAR LETTER
by Pastor Shah, Clearview, Henderson
Dear Clearview Family and Friends,
Greetings! What a year 2012 has been! All of us had our ups and downs. There are several lessons we can learn from 2012:
- Trials come to all of us. They seem to be custom designed for each of us.
- Every trial has a life-cycle. Kinda like the flu!
- The outcome may not be to our liking but it will be for our best.
- The ultimate purpose of trial is to get us to turn to Christ. The sooner, the better!
- God is faithful. He always has and He always will. He will never forsake His people.
As we look to 2013, it is easy to become discouraged and negative. Let me urge you to trust God to make it the best one ever! In fact, Hebrews 11:6 reminds us that “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Just when things seem to be hopeless, God does His miracles! He wants to do that in your life, your family, your work, and even our nation.
He is already doing some exciting things at Clearview! As you read this, the bulldozers are moving behind the church. It is exciting to look outside and see the new construction! Let me remind you again – this is not about building a big church. It is about lifting up Jesus Christ so that people may see Him and be saved. Our goal at Clearview is to “Make Christ Visible.”
Let me urge you to do the following:
- Pray that God will guard us against the enemy. Satan always has something up his sleeves.
- Resolve to know Christ better in 2013. Further resolve to lean upon Him and trust Him.
- Resolve to give your tithes and offerings to the Lord. He doesn’t need it but you do! Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
- Remember to reach out to people with the Good News of Christ.
Nicole and I pray for you daily. Look forward to travelling 2013 with you!